A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Slowly Step by Step

An idea I’ve had for a while is looking like it’s going to come about.

Years ago, on a beach vacation, we took pictures of our children playing.  I am now in the process of taking the idea of the original photos and making an applique quilted wall-hanging.

Here’s the beginnings:

001

The idea is to take the mirrors out of this old window,002

paint the frame white, and put the quilt behind it, so it will look like we’re looking out the window at the children playing on the beach.  Then it can be hung in our bathroom that has no windows!

Lots more work to complete the ‘picture’, like adding a sailboat and maybe a beach umbrella and towel.  I’m using Joan Statz’ (Joan’s Own Creations) method of applique for this project

Oops, I see that when I marked the frame on the quilt, I put the horizontal line at the bottom, when it’s supposed to be at the top – have to fix that!

It’s been slow going, but coming along, step by step!

Happy creating!                   Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. That is such a neat idea... Can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's going to be amazing when it's done (not that it's not already starting to look pretty amazing)!

    ReplyDelete