A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

An Involuntary Separation

I really didn’t mean to stay away for so long, but circumstances dictated.
First, the lap-top went to a friend for some updating.  Then when it returned home, I had some work to do to get it back in shape for us – basics are done, but still some more to do. 
But before I could get that all done, my parents arrived for a visit.  They had planned on later in the month, but again circumstances dictated.  We spent a couple of days looking around for a possible apartment for them so they could move closer to us here, and were successful in that venture, and even got some new furniture ordered for them.
All in all, it’s been a busy time – and then I got the last of the diapers finished.
Now that that’s done, I hope to get on with some quilting again, first project up will be to quilt this wall-hanging001
and set it inside this frame:002
And it IS spring, so there’s a yard out there that could use some attention too.  And it looks like a good week for weather ahead of us…..
Happy to be back!   Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you back - sometimes life just gets in the way. LOL Isn't our weather fabulous? What a great place we live in - I think we'll head up to Birch Bay today - check out the herons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous frame, can't wait to see your wall hanging framed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that the apartment search went well. It's got to be a relief for you to have your parents closer by. I can't wait to see that wall hanging quilted and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat you have just given me an idea of what to do with my cross stitched Santas and my old window frames. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete