A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Spring has sprung

The official first day of spring was nearly 3 months ago, and in just a few days it will be the first day of summer.  But around our house, the spring work didn’t really get going until just this last week.

And now the yard is spruced up, the garage is cleaned out, trees and bushes are pruned, and we’re starting to pick roses.

One of the sure signs of spring and approaching summer around our house is the appearance of the grape sets on the vines

001

002

Lots of grapes means lots of juice and jelly come fall.

But first I guess we should finish up last year’s lot!  Jelly anybody?

Happy spring!          Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. Yum - homemade jelly. I usually have a toasted bagel for breakfast every morning, and homemade jelly would be a perfect topping!

    ReplyDelete