A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

So Long

Farewell, Auf Viedersehn, Goodbye

As I'm writing this, I'm singing the song from Sound of Music, when the children are sent to bed.

And I'm putting my blog to bed.

It's been a struggle this year, with posts so few and far between, and I seem to have only retained contact with a couple of people out there in bloggerland, so I decided this journal and journey has come to an end. 

Blogging started mostly as a way to journal my quilting ventures, along with other aspects of my life, and has been so very enjoyable.  The people I 'met', the things I learned, the inspiration I received....

Thank you to all of you who have read along as I've shared, supported me, and encouraged me.  It's been a pleasure getting to know you all.  If you'd like to keep in touch and have a Facebook account, you can find me there, just reply to this blog or send me an email, and I'll share my account name.

Happy blogging!            Blessings, Peg

16 comments:

  1. Well, I shall certainly miss you. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will miss your posts even though I seldom reply but know what you mean as I haven't had time to post on mine for awhile. Maybe see you on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - you must not go. I'll miss your blog so much. You should keep it just in case you want to post something sometime. It is always one of the first that I read.

    Is this the weekend that you are coming to Anacortes? Maybe we could meet somewhere in between if you can get away. I know how hard that is when visiting with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please do keep in touch on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though it has been a while since I have posted a comment here, I will truly miss reading of your exploits. I'd love to be able to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep your blog live. Don't delete it. Your family can read years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed your blog, Peg, but I certainly understand. It's been nice getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww. Timing is everything. I am just get back into blogging a bit more and you are winding it up. It has been a pleasure following along on here with you. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peg, I am just getting my new computer up and running and have been missing you and now you are leaving. But I would love to keep up with you on fb. I am on there so you can send an IM and I would like that. Blessings to you and all your family from Ky. USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, I lost you for such a long time and have been missing you. Your blog disappeared from my blog-list, and I was unable to follow you without permission. Then couldn't find you on FB (and still can't). Hope you get this and can send me a message somehow with your FB name or an email address or something.

      Delete
  10. I sure understand leaving the blogging world! Sometimes it is fun but others it is just a chore. I would like to stay in touch. I write very little on Facebook but I am a good lurker and it would be a way for me to see what you are up to. After most of the summer off I am still writing my blog, for now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand your closing your blog. So many folks on fb now. I had stopped for awhile and now so many things have changed that I don't think I changed, I may stay on for long. Always loved reading your blogs. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Peg...don't know if you will get this!!!...I just read your last post.... I have been in your place.... It was almost 5 months and I just started blogging again.....
    We have moved from Alberta to BC...so that is a big change in our life.... Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly understandable Peg! There just comes a time to say, "I'm so glad we had this time together, to have a laugh or sing a song..." Carol Burnette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, it seems I have just found your blog after you just visited my blog. I am sorry to hear you are stopping, that is sad. Maybe you can just take a break and get recharged. Take care! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete